El Dorado County Child Development Programs provide an enriching early educational experience for children ages birth to 5 years. Both full cost and income eligible subsidized families are enrolled. Program eligibility is determined by the Department of Education, Child Development Division and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Child Development Programs
6767 Green Valley Road
Placerville, CA 95667
Phone: (530) 295-2270 FAX (530) 626-9511
Families will have an opportunity to apply for services for Early Head Start/Head Start/State Preschool on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Completed applications are reviewed and prioritized for enrollment.
What do I need to apply for services?
- Income Verification - Current Year Tax Return or W2 for Head Start
- Income Verification - Most Current Paystubs - Consecutive 30 days (1 month) for State Preschool
- Current immunizations
- Birth certificates for all children in the family
- Family or child’s Medical/Insurance Card
- Residency Verification
- IEP/ IFSP (if applicable)
Where do I go to apply for services?
- Child Development Programs and Services office on the Western Slope is located at the El Dorado County Office of Education Bldg. F, 6767 Green Valley Road, Placerville CA 95667. Please call or email (530) 295-2276 or (530) 295-2270 (Se habla español) email@example.com for more information regarding programs, applications or enrollment.
Child Development Programs and Services office in South Lake Tahoe is located at 1286 Kyburz Ave. SLT, CA 96150. Please call (530) 543-8200 for more information regarding programs, applications or enrollment.
In Compliance with the American Disabilities Act, for those requiring special assistance to access these documents or require these documents be made accesible, please contact Veronica Arechiga at (530) 295-2322; firstname.lastname@example.org.