Recruitment / Enrollment
El Dorado County Child Development Programs provide an enriching early educational experience for children ages birth to 5 years. Both full cost and income eligible subsidized families are enrolled. Program eligibility is determined by the Department of Education, Child Development Division and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Child Development Programs
6767 Green Valley Road
Placerville, CA 95667
Phone: (530) 295-2270 FAX (530) 626-9511
Families will have an opportunity to apply for services for Head Start/Early Head Start/State Preschool on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Families with age eligible children and the lowest income will be considered first. When applications are completed the information will go on a wait list according to age and income. Once all families have had an opportunity to apply, children will be assigned to programs. Families will receive notification in the mail, therefore make sure all contact information is current.
What do I need to apply for services?
- Income verification (most recent) for one full month
- Current immunizations
- Birth certificates for all children in the family
- Family or child’s Medical/Insurance Card
- Single Parent status verification (if applicable)
- IEP/ IFSP (if applicable)
Where do I go to apply for services?
- Child Development Programs and Services office on the Western Slope is located at the El Dorado County Office of Education Bldg. F, 6767 Green Valley Road, Placerville CA 95667. Please call (530) 295-2276 or (530) 295-2270 (Se habla español) for more information regarding programs, applications or enrollment.
Child Development Programs and Services office in South Lake Tahoe is located at 1286 Kyburz Ave. SLT, CA 96150. Please call (530)543-8200 for more information regarding programs, applications or enrollment.
Applications can be faxed at (530) 626-9511, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Child Development Central Office.
In Compliance with the American Disabilities Act, for those requiring special assistance to access these documents or require these documents be made accesible, please contact Veronica Arechiga at (530) 295-2322; email@example.com.
In order for an application to be placed on the waitlist, all required information must be submitted with the application. Applications that are completed will be on a waitlist by the site the family is requesting. Head Start and Early Head Start will receive a phone call from a teacher to arrange a home visit and State Preschool, an enrollment secretary will notify the family when their application has been accepted for enrollment.