Health & Safety Update
00:00 AM - March 06, 2020
The health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families remains our top priority. We know many in our community are feeling anxiety regarding the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19); and, while Governor Newsom announced a State of Emergency, the threat to our area at this time remains low. During this uncertain circumstance, the best thing we can do is reduce risk through prevention and remain informed.
EDCOE is working closely with El Dorado County Public Health (HHSA) which created the following webpage with valuable resources: El Dorado County Public Health - Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Update for El Dorado County
It is important to remember that schools are well prepared for a potential outbreak, having experience preventing regular illnesses such as the flu and common cold. Our custodial teams are taking steps to fortify the cleanliness of our school sites. Please encourage proper personal hygiene to protect yourselves, students, family members and colleagues from all viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for no less than 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from shaking hands when greeting others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing. Try to use a tissue when you sneeze, cough or blow your nose – do not use your hands. Quickly throw away used tissues then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Most germs spread when a sick person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- Do not share food, utensils, beverages, towels, lip balm/lipstick, phones or anything else that might become contaminated with germs.
- If you are suffering from a respiratory illness and running a fever higher than 100 degrees, please remain home until you have been fever-free without the assistance of medication for at least 24 hours.
- Clean or sanitize commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs, light switches and telephones.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this together.