The El Dorado County Office of Education will provide excellence in education for the 21st century through quality service to school districts, students, parents and community, while promoting educational excellence for all learners through the following means
- Providing leadership and advocacy support on behalf of public education.
- Developing and implementing student programs, as requested by school districts or in response to community needs.
- Serving as an intermediate educational agency between school districts and state control agencies as mandated through legislative or administrative acts.
- Coordinating educational programs and services to maximize effectiveness and resources to reduce duplication of efforts and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Acting as a catalyst for innovative and engaging educational practices.