Mission Statement & Program Goals
EDCOE Mission Statement
The County Office of Education will provide leadership into the 21st century through quality service to school districts, students, parents and community, while promoting educational excellence for all learners through the following means:
- Provide leadership and advocacy support on behalf of public education.
- Develop and implement student programs, as requested by school districts or in response to community needs.
- Serve as an intermediate educational agency between school districts and state control agencies as mandated through legislative or administrative acts.
- Coordinate educational programs and services to maximize effectiveness and reduce duplication of efforts and provide technical assistance as needed.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Our mission is to provide high quality early care and education in a safe nurturing environment with highly qualified and motivated staff, committed to educational excellence and service.
The El Dorado County Office of Education is dedicated to the promotion of educational excellence, realizing that how children are cared for today determines how prepared they will be for the future.
Head Start/State Preschool
- Language & Literacy Development: To provide opportunities for written and oral expression. To understand the importance of language development and literacy.
- Cognitive Development: To develop the skills needed for observation and problem solving through individualized, developmentally appropriate activities.
- Social-Emotional Development: To encourage independence and relationships that develops a positive self-concept and an empathetic awareness of the individuality of others.
- Parent, School and Community Involvement:To build partnerships among families, schools and communities that create seamless and strong alliances to enhance each child’s development and promote family self-sufficiency.
- Motor Development: To promote the development of large and small muscles for maximum coordination and motor skills.
- Program Evaluation: To involve children, parents/guardians, staff and community for the purpose of a comprehensive review to determine the effectiveness of the El Dorado County Child Development Programs.
Early Head Start
- Early experiences will be linked to school readiness.
- Family culture is respected and integrated into all early learning experiences.
- Learning experiences will be through relationship-based experiences that are close, nurturing and continuous.
- Learning experiences will promote curiosity, experimentation and motivation.
- Learning experiences will support individual temperaments.
- Meaningful, experience-based communications will be fostered and encouraged.
- Early Head Start parents/guardians will understand their important role as their child’s first teacher.
- Pregnant women will understand developmental stages of pregnancy and prepare for a healthy pregnancy and birth experience.