The El Dorado County SELPA works in partnership with local districts, parents and families to support the provision of quality special education services. In addition, SELPA staff assist parents and districts in navigating the complex laws and processes that surround special education.
The SELPA strives to provide districts with the information and tools they need to develop and refine qualify programs, implement high-quality educational practices, provide a full continuum of services and supports, and fully comply with legal mandates. SELPA’s services to districts include:
- Professional development for school staff based on requests and identified needs
- Assistance with management and monitoring of student data and records
- Resources such as comprehensive Procedural Guidelines and Mental Health Guidelines
- Allocation of special education funds as outlined in the Local Plan
- Resources regarding outside agency services and supports
- Program development, coordination and evaluation
The SELPA is dedicated to providing information and support to families of children with special needs so they can be informed partners in the educational process. We are available to support parents and families with technical, procedural, and programmatic questions that may arise regarding Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and special education laws and processes. SELPA’s services to families include:
- Organizing and hosting Community Advisory Committee meetings
- Providing access to program specialists to answer questions regarding Special Education programs and procedures.
- Offering services to support local dispute resolution, including IEP facilitation and local resolution.
- Training surrogate parents