Substitute Services

Substitute Services

The El Dorado County Office of Education provides certificated  and classified (hourly/non-credentialed) substitute services to 13 El Dorado County school districts as well as County-operated programs in Western El Dorado County.

Classified Substitute Positions:

The El Dorado County Office of Education maintains a substitute pool for classified positions in the following areas: 

  • Bus/Van Driver
  • Classroom Assistant
  • Clerical Staff
  • Custodian
  • Food Service Worker
  • Instructional Assistant
  • Health Clerk
  • Library Clerk
  • Yard Duty/Campus Monitor

Pre-employment exams and clearances may be required for some these positions. If you are interested in becoming a classified substitute, please call Christine Ogzewalla (530)295-2242 or visit to apply.

Click HERE for Classified Substitute Rates

Guest Teacher Positions:

To work as a Guest Teacher, you must hold a valid document authorizing service as a day-to-day substitute teacher. Any California Credential or Permit, based on a Bachelor’s degree and the basic skills examination meets this requirement. If you do not hold a valid California Teaching Credential, you may be eligible to obtain the Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit. 

Requirements to apply for an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit are: 

  • Official transcripts showing verification of a Bachelor’s Degree
  • LiveScan clearance with California Commission on Teacher Credentialing 

For individuals working within El Dorado County’s Guest Teacher pool, EDCOE can assist you with obtaining an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit. 

If you are interested in becoming a Guest Teacher, please call Taylor Gautschi at (530)295-2237 or visit to apply.

Click HERE for Guest Teacher Rates

For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions

Current substitutes can login to Frontline Absence Management System accounts here.